Since my last post I finished up the background and level elements for my couch game. I tried to put the elements into Game Maker to make a simple gif for screenshot saturday, and was met with this stupid scaling issue where Game Maker would automatically scale my background image to 1/4 scale which made it look like shit. I ended up just making a smaller gif. When the game starts getting together, this will have to be fixed.
That little jump in the gif too...damn it. I'll make better stuff in the future. :/
Today I worked on exporting the player elements and rigging a skeleton to them in Spriter. I'm finding that it's very easy to make a big mistake in that program. Having a bone that's too short or doesn't start in the right spot can make things look really stupid when movement starts. I had this issue with trying to link a bone to a part that was behind the player....I ended up hooking the left leg to the left arm somehow. I go to swing the left arm back for a running animation.....the leg just rips off. So dumb. And, from what I gather, there is no way to move the bone hierarchy after it is placed. Also, when you delete a bone, there's like a 80% chance that the part that was connected to it will wig out and rotate and move to some random location.
Needless to say, I'm still messing with a bone structure, trying to get something to use as a good base. Hoping that I can get some animations done tomorrow.
Oh yeah, and I started getting up 30 minutes earlier so I can get a little more work done. It doesn't really feel like I'm getting any more done at the moment.
Until next time.
Time Spent Since Last Post: 5.5 hours